25 of the Best Rare Eminem Photos
"I spit out a line and rhymed birthday with first place" - Eminem
Today marks the 43rd birthday of the Rap God himself, Eminem. That's right, on October 17th, 1972, a star was born. In honor of the D12 leader's special day, we've decided to compile "25 of the Best Rare Eminem Photos" together, a trip through the years of the rapper's life that display just why we love him so much!
1. Marshall Bruce Mathers III was born in St. Joseph, Missouri on this date in 1972. This is one of the earliest photos of Mathers, also the only one of him and his estranged father pictured together.
2. Before Marshall Mathers became Slim Shady, he was just a little squirt, looking cute for pictures.
3. Well, cute and maybe a little awkward at times! Here is Mathers pictured with his mother, Debbie.
4. High School pictures are the worst! Eminem never consistently stayed at one school, as explained in his 2010 60 Minutes interview, ""I would change schools two, three times a year and that was probably the roughest part,"
5. Aside from rapping, was Eminem also a diehard Alf follower?
6. Here is Em pictured with his infamous "Uncle Ronnie". Ronnie tragically took his own life in 1991, an event that left Eminem devastated.
7. Here is Slim with Chaos Kid, one of his original partners in rhyme. Together, the two made a number of songs, including the irresistibly silly "Poo Butt Day".
8. Even Shady knows that Wu-Tang Clan ain't nuthin' ta fuck wit'!
9. Eminem and Usher in 1997, when the R&B singer made a stop at the Palladium while on tour. It was this night that Eminem would also meet Royce da 5'9", and later form the unstoppable duo, Bad Meets Evil together.
10. In the late 90s, Eminem's life would start to drastically change. Mathers signed to Dr. Dre's Aftermath Entertainment in 1997, where he would go on to release 7 multi-platinum studio albums. Here is Em pictured alongside Royce Da 5'9", Dre and his wife at an award show in 1999.
11. Upon signing with Dre, the rapper joined his mentor for the Up In Smoke tour in 2000 alongside MC Ren, Xzibit and these familiar faces.
12. While Marshall has been notorious for feuding with other celebrities, he has also been consistent in being able to recognize his talented peers such as: Aaliyah, Timbaland and Missy Elliott (Em was featured on Missy's Timbo produced banger, "Busa Rhyme" in 1999)
13. Redman, with whom he recorded "Off The Wall" for the Nutty Professor II: The Klumps soundtrack.
14. Juvenile, Birdman and Lil Wayne (sidebar: why is Weezy in a blue bandana?)
15. DJ Jazzy Jeff, this photo was taken when the two recorded "When To Stand Up", circa 1998.
16. The late Robin Williams, who although was not a rapper also has an insane sense of humour.
17. And even Destiny's Child *faded AF*
18. The rapper has also been married twice to the same woman, Kimberly Scott twice. Once from 1999-2001.
19. ...And again for a few months in 2006.
20. While he might not have been the perfect husband, Slim is known for being a great friend (pictured here with his best friend Proof, who passed away in 2006)...
21. ...A wonderful father (here's him and daughter Hallie Jade circa 2002 during The Eminem Show recording sessions)...
22. ...Even a fantastic grandson!
23. Marshall, here's to 43 years since the birth of one of the greats!
24. Here's to what the next 43 may bring!
25. Happy Birthday Eminem!